Thursday, March 27, 2008

"Silly" Wishes

(If you're looking for the Powerful Pivoting offer, please go to the March 15th post.)

Time for another manifestation story!  Today I want to share with you what I used to consider a "frivolous wish."  You know what I mean?  Like if a Genie showed up and you were granted three wishes, this one would be considered totally "silly" and frivolous, or a waste.  But this is a true story from the personal archives of my life, so I know there is more to frivolous wishes than we can explain.  Here's my story, and I'm sticking to it (because this is really what happened ... I have witnesses).  


My mother visited on Labor Day weekend 2002.  We found a little market where she bought some steel cut oats, which in our family is synonymous with Gritsawurst (an old German breakfast "sausage" recipe my grandmother had passed down).  It requires ground meat and all my growing up years I remember my father sitting at the table grinding it with one of those hand-cranked grinders that you screw onto the edge of your table.  Nowadays, there are food processors.  Not having either, I was a bit bummed to think we wouldn't be able to make this yummy breakfast during her visit, but not too terribly and I pushed that aside and enjoyed my mom's visit.


On a Thursday a couple of weeks later as I was driving to work, the scene in the market with my mom popped into my mind.  I felt a spontaneous prayer leave my heart area.  What I mean is that the "thought" seemed to rise up out of my chest, from a deep place in my being, and not from my mind.  My mind was actually an observer to this event.  Anyway, the "thought" that my heart emitted was kind of like this:


"Okay angels, I need a grinder.  I want some Gritsawurst.  And since I don't even know if they MAKE grinders like that any more, you'll have to help me find it."  And I released it, knowing that somehow they would figure it out.


The next day I stopped by a coworker’s garage sale and brought her a chocolate shake to cheer her up ... she was selling her mom's furniture to help pay for her mom's nursing home costs and had been very blue the day before when I'd spoken to her at the office.  Before I left I looked around at the items for sale, and WHAT did I FIND?  A grinder!  Just like the one my dad used for all those years!  It even had the original box and instructions.  


Simply amazing, don't you think?


May you encounter your own miracles and realize it is the universe trying to prove to you that it is at work, just for you!


Happy Manifesting!

CJ



No comments: