Sunday, March 16, 2008

FAITH: Drive and Arrive

I just found some writing of mine from over a year ago and thought I'd share this small, but potentially huge thought with all of you.  A bible verse resurfaced and brought new and deeper meaning.  The verse was "Faith is the substance of all things."  I read it and really didn't understand it at first.  What did it mean ... "the substance of all things?" 

I read it over and over and realized it just didn't make a lot of sense ...

Faith is the substance of all things.
Faith is the substance of all things.
Faith is the substance of all things.

Huh?

And then slowly light started to make its way through the cracks of my mind and I realized ...

Faith is the substance of all things.
Faith is knowing without the shadow of a doubt.
Faith is Knowing.
Know it is yours and IT IS.
Faith turns things into substance.
Faith in your dreams makes them come true.

And on and on the thoughts came!

I remembered an old recording of Abraham I heard once where there was a discussion about how you have to believe something is real before it can BE real in your life.  The example was given of driving to work ... how when you set out from home in the morning to drive to work, that there really is no doubt in your mind that your office building will be at the other end of your route.  No, you never question that at all!  You drive and arrive at your destination and start working and never even consider that the place might not really be there when you get there.  It just EXISTS.  And Abraham said that this is how we must believe in our dreams .. as if what we are wanting in our lives is already there.  We must believe our dream is out there before us, just like the office building, and then just walk confidently through time and space to our dream ... to the point where it is a substance in our lives.

So, would another way to consider this be to say that our faith is what causes our dreams to take on substance?

Faith is the substance of all things.

You'd better believe it!

Grins,
Cj

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.