Sunday, March 23, 2008

Embracing Change

(If you are looking for the Powerful Pivoting Opportunity, please scroll down to the March 15th post.)  


My life takes me so many interesting places. I just did my taxes and I was really aware of how many trips I took last year.  It occurred to me that even beyond the physical trips, I took journeys to the inner sanctuaries and tributaries of my soul, and to the peaks and valleys of my life, and to new ideas and creations, and new friendships and collaborations.  At times I traveled to my future, my destiny and my divinity.  At other times to my past, my history, my creation.  

And what I found is that the future is boundless and there really is no going back.  The past we go back to is never the same as the one that we experienced as we were shaped, created, grown. Nothing stays the same. People change. Places change. Even the memories we had ... change. 


It has been said that the only constant in life is change. So why then do so many resist change?  (Yes, I'm including myself.)


Perhaps it is a form of control.  Perhaps it is wishful thinking.  Perhaps it is just a misunderstanding.  But no matter what it is, there is a definite resistance that exists within a lot of us regarding change of one sort or another.


I believe that when people can really look at themselves, their own ever-changing selves, and embrace the fact that they can change and are not bound forever to the Who they once were, well, I believe they will find relief in this thought ... and a type of freedom.  I believe there is a hidden key within the enigma of change that if found could send individuals, and the world, into transformations of astronomical proportions.  I don't mean to scare anyone ... I'm seeing this as a really good thing!


I believe that these types of amazing transformations have to begin within each one of us and that then they will ooze out, slowly or quickly, to the world at large.  I believe that in order to make these shifts within that all we have to do is recognize that we have been changing in little, tiny increments all along, due to things beyond our control, and that it is all good.  And if we can see all the change that has taken place within us and be grateful for it, I think we will be able to find our way to trust the changes happening in the world at large are also innately good, despite appearances, and learn to love and welcome them, too.


And then I believe we will be just a few small steps away from a global peace that has not been seen on this planet in a very long time.


Well, these are just some thought that I believe, but I'll bet you agree that these are really good thoughts to think!


Putting my two cents out into the global consciousness,

CJ

No comments: