Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I Got A Raise!

I was on my way to work the other day and thinking that I needed to open my mind and really stretch myself, and pondering the thought that I could be limiting the universe in its attempts to flow money into my life. I started brainstorming about all the ways that money could show up: a rebate in the mail that I have forgotten about; winning a contest; winning the lottery; a tax rebate/refund I knew nothing about; a raise (imagine that!); money on the ground; an inheritance; paying off something in my budget that frees up more money; my book selling like hot-cakes; new clients; a friend paying me back money I didn't realize they owed me. The list got quite long in my mind and I tried to jot it down quickly when I got to the office.

I had just settled into my computer to catch up on my emails when my boss walked by and asked if I had a minute. When I followed her to her office she closed the door behind me. This is a sign of a need to have a confidential conversation, which could be either positive or negative, and my mind dashed through a mental list of possibilities.

There was a bit of small talk first, and then she picked up a white envelope on her desk. When she smiled, I knew it was good news, but when she put the document in front of me I think I had an out-of-body experience! Somewhere out there my spirit was dancing for joy, for there in front of me in black and white was a figure that was just a tad over a number I had long ago set for myself as a target income. I had arrived!

Now, if you know the whole story about what's going on in my life right now, you'll catch the irony here. For those of you who do not know me well, I am in the process of being laid off from my corporate job. Now don't get me wrong or feel sorry for me; it's all good. Everything! I am finally exiting Corporate America and diving fully into the work I've always dreamed of doing.

The irony comes in that, with a mere 40 days remaining with this employer, I was presented with this raise. The raise is in recognition of my accomplishments from last year, so it is all on track in their corporate matrix of events, but more significant than the events in the corporate matrix is how this raise is the embodiment of one of my manifesting intentions. It was almost as if the universe was saying, "See? We're slipping this in just under the wire to underscore a point; it was here waiting for you all along. It's all yours, and it's always been yours."

The magic comes in that a raise was one of the things on the list I made on the drive into the office that very day! I opened, and the universe flowed its gift into the vacuum of openness I had created and brought me three things I was wanting in one beautiful package: proof that I can receive my abundance in unexpected ways, proof that there is never a time or a way that won't work, and the achievement of that magic figure I had held as an income goal for myself. All achieved with one fun game done on my drive to work.

I've heard it said that the universe loves a vacuum and also that the universe loves speed, but I'm always a little amazed to see things manifest so quickly when I apply The Secret (LOA). What a great use of time! That was easy!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

No comments: