Sunday, April 6, 2008

"We're Beyond Hope"

What do you feel when you hear the phrase “beyond hope.”  I’ll bet it isn’t a very good feeling.  In our world today, this phrase has quite a negative connotation.  It means something is hopeless, helpless, that there is NO chance of saving the situation, whatever it may be.  


But let me tell you a story.  I was traveling with two of my sons and a friend from Kansas City to southern Minnesota to drop off my sons at a summer camp that I had attended as a kid.  We were talking and laughing and singing songs while I drove and my friend navigated.  At one point, after a particularly jovial stretch of time, a shot of guilty anxiety swept through me as I realized we had been so engrossed in our fun that we hadn’t paid very close attention to our journey in quite a while and I felt we must be very close to, or even passed, our exit.  The sobering thought caused me to kind of hold my breath as I asked my friend where we were.  She consulted the map (not any signs) and quickly replied, “I think we are near Hope” (which happens to be the name of a town in southern Minnesota.  It just so happened that I had actually seen the city sign for Hope some time previously and so I just as quickly responded, “No, we are beyond Hope,” to which there was a brief pause of silence in the car before we all burst into raucous laughter once again!


(An additional note of humor I’ll add is that as we were enjoying this newest burst of laughter, my youngest son said, “I don’t know why I’m laughing, but this sure is fun!,” to which we all, of course, dissolved into fits of laughter yet again!)


Now seriously (no, I take that back ... laugh all you want before continuing to read this), I would like to offer a new perspective to you.  Let’s think for a moment about the levels of emotion.  If you haven’t seen the Emotional Scale offered by Abraham-Hicks, I’m including it as a tool in the right hand tool bar of this blog (scroll down and find it underneath my bio).  If you’ll please note where HOPEFULNESS is positioned on the Emotional Scale, you’ll notice that there are a number of emotions that are beyond hope.  In this case I am referring to those emotions that reside above Hope on the scale ... Optimism, Positive Expectation, Belief, Enthusiasm, Eagerness, Happiness, Passion, Joy, Knowledge, Empowerment, Freedom, Love and Appreciation.  


Could we, perhaps, create a new paradigm and turn this phrase, beyond hope, on its ear?  Could we dare to conceive that there IS no such thing as hopelessness in the Real World ... that hopelessness is a figment of our imagination, a word cooked up as a substitute for such things as:


Not knowing how the universe can deliver the miracle we are seeking

Not believing in the abilities or reliability of the Unseen Loving Forces that surround us

Not believing in ourselves, our dreams, our worthiness

???


And if there is no such thing as hopelessness, there is no need for such a word, or concept, as hopefulness, for it you could never experience hopelessness there would never be the experience of “finding hope” or hopefulness.  One would simply move from  Contentment to Optimism.  Could we, perhaps, collaborate on a scheme to replace this phrase’s current meaning with a new one that offers people ... optimism?  


Tell me, are you beyond hope?  Have you been striving to raise yourself above the feeling of hopefulness to believing, or knowing?  Have you made it a habit to reach for the emotions that are higher vibrational signatures than hopefulness?  Can you see the potential that lies in wait for you if you will allow yourself to contemplate reaching beyond hope for a better-feeling thought and a higher-vibrational emotion as you move along your path of your life journey?


Well, you may not be laughing all the way as we were that day so many years ago, but I’ll bet you’ll find greater happiness around every corner if you move beyond hope each step of your journey.


R.E.A.C.H. (Rise Energetically And Clasp Heaven),

CJ


No comments: